Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Be Real





Life

Going out in NYC is a great time. Last night I had dinner with two magazine sales reps and the rest of my team. It was a great time. Loved my low cal Bikini Martini (Vodka, Blueberry, Mint, and Agave), and of course the food was delicious. After drinks, dinner, wine, and desert it was time to go home. As much as I love being out in the city, being home with my man beats that any day.


Love.Inspiration

Being in love is the best feeling. period. I have some friends who are in love and some who aren't, and I can promise all of them that they will find it, and they will know when they do. Its difficult to meet guys because they are not always on the same page as women are. Love doesn't need to be forced, and it certainly shouldn't be difficult (at least not in the beginning). For my boyfriend and I, it was love at first sight, craziest experience ever! 


Women need to be strong and confident (but not intimidating or over confident, you don't want to scare the poor guy away!). In today's society everyone wants to look like a picture of a model in a magazine, well I've got news for you, those magazines are edited! 

Here is a perfect example: 



Alessandra Ambrosio, Crystal Renn (a plus size model), and Brooklyn Decker on a photo shoot for Glamour Mag without any Photoshop or airbrushing.  





And After: 







The women at the top (before the editing) should be viewed as beautiful and perfect; however, that is not the case.This causes women to have goals that are not actually REAL. So love your body, and love who you are.Once you love yourself, finding love elsewhere will come. You can't compare yourself to edited photos in a magazine. Instead, set personal goals that meet your body type and try not to be so hard on yourself. I'm guilty of wanting these close to impossible goals too, but I'm actively changing the way I think, and you should too. 




Fashion 





Basic Template





Bright pants, floral shirt, teal flats with gold metallic toe, and a gold leather bag... do i need to say more? This outfit can be worn for a day of shopping, a dinner date with a friend, or just to walk outside to get the mail ;) The shirt can be tucked in and paired with a belt or left out and flowy. The flats can be worn with many different outfits (they can make jeans and a white T pop). The bag is a great size, big enough to keep your make up, wallet, and sunglasses; however, not too large that its a hassle to carry. 

4 comments:

  1. love the outfit choice!! I want those pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The before and after picture is amazing to see the difference. I agree love yourself for who u r. Beauty comes from within. The better u feel about yourself the better you will look. I also love the outfit. I want that top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw very sweet. I am so happy for you and Terry and secretly love that you knowing Val and I led to that. You never know where love will pop up! :D Very interesting about the picture, and...whatta crock! I love the outfits you feature because they really are spot on representations of your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw thank you for all of your support! The pictures are defiantly shocking and I'll keep the outfits coming! Anyone have any outfit or topic requests?

    ReplyDelete