Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Busy Busy Busy...





Wow! This work week is crazy!


Love.Inspiration


Anyways, yesterday I began to write about true friends. One of the most amazing things about having real friends is that when you don't see them for a period of time (whether it's 3 weeks or 3 months) getting together again you start right where you left off. After college we enter a world where free time is hard to come by. There are so many responsibilities that need to be taken care of that it's difficult to keep up with everything,but its important to focus on the things that make you happy, which leads me to my next thought.


Life

I find it strange (and upsetting) that society runs in such a way that people spend more of their life at work then actually living. When did this happen? Why? Who let it happen? Myself and the rest of the Millennials I speak to also have these same questions. Is there a way that we can change this? I'm excited to see what the future will bring now that this generation is stepping into the workforce. 




On a lighter note :) ...looking forward to summer! 


Fashion
Outfit of The Day



I love this outfit! These high waisted vintage shorts are awesome and have a retro feel. They come in many different styles. These shorts are on the short side, so I would pair it with a blouse (less is more ladies). The blue platform shoes add a trendy flair  along with the matching Bandeau. Silver bangles are simple and add a little bling. I love looks that are trendy, funky, and classy all at the same time. Anyone else ready to wear this to BBQ? 


Okay well that's all for today! =) 
Until Next Time 
xx CAL 

2 comments:

  1. Hi CAL,

    I completely agree with your opinions on friends and the work place! You only live once and spending too much time away from the important people in your life like friends and family is not the ideal way to go about our every day. I do hope that our generation will find the happy medium we crave and deserve!

    I also LOVE your outfit. Those shorts are amazing. I found a similar blouse at Ann Taylor!! Their new line is fantastic and inspired by dancers; elegant, feminine and well structured. In particular I love the Gold Maxi Dress that Kate Hudson models for May! Suggestion for your next post?

    Best,

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Valerie! I have to take a look at the Gold Maxi Dress. That's interesting that the new line is inspired by dancers. I can't wait to see it. I will be following up with a Maxi Dress outfit very shortly! ;)

    ReplyDelete