Thursday, May 10, 2012

Negative Energy, Positive Results



Love.Life.Inspiration 

I often find that many people going through hard times tend to turn to negative solutions. Isn't it a better idea to turn to something that will better yourself? People going through a heartbreak, or just a hard time in their life should try not to dwell on it too much. They should begin to think about a positive action, activity, or hobby to add to their lifestyle. After my first heart break, I decided to pick up Kickboxing. Channeling my time and energy into something that could better myself enabled me to 1. Distract myself and 2. Feel better. Not only did I learn how to kick someones butt (while thinking about my ex), I also saw great results!  


Not everyone enjoys exercise; however, there are other actions people can take to better themselves. For example, enroll in a non-credit course that you may find interesting, start reading a book that has been on your reading list for months, learn how to cook, bake, or play an instrument. Using these activities will enable you to channel your negative energy into positive results. So next time you think about crying for the night, or going out and drinking until you forget, remember that this part of your life may be difficult, but its your life; therefore, you are the only one that can make the right choices to enhance it. 



The Fab Five On Friday:


5 Gifts For Mom



Mother's Day is on Sunday and I know some people (including myself :/ ) have not had the chance to pick up a present for their Mom yet. I LOVE getting gifts for my Mom because she is one of my best friends and would do anything for me. These gifts remind me of her because they are all things she would love to get. (I actually already bought her the Nespresso machine for Christmas and she LOVES it). Anyways, any of these items are great to give your mother! As much as my Mom loves getting gifts, I know that she would be just as happy with a card and some flowers. Just make sure you tell her you love her and appreciate everything shes ever done for you. 


Fashion 

Beauty Is Skin Deep




The contrast between the black and white stripes with the red accessories make this outfit pop! How much do you love the stars on the necklace?  The long maxi dress is great for all body types and could be worn for many occasions. The gold flats are versatile (and so comfortable!). I randomly came across the iPhone cover and instantly fell in love, its so bad-ass. ;) 



4 comments:

  1. love the iphone case! your love.life.inspiration cheered me up on my unusually down day! thanks and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm glad it was able to cheer you up! That's what I'm here for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love everything about that outfit. so trendy and cute for mom!!

    ReplyDelete