Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Time Can Be A Tricky Thing

Life
Its been a while (a whole week!) since I've been able to post! Sometimes life gets so crazy that it consumes all of your time that it inhibits you from attending to things you enjoy. I've always tried to make time for anything and everything that I care about; therefore, a whole week is way too long. Since my last post, I moved to a new state, went to brunch with my cousin and his husband, spent time with my family, ate pizza at the first pizzaria in America (Lombardi's in SOHO, NY)and was consumed by the multiple brands I work on. 

Love. Inspiration.
Today I listened to John Mayer's new album for the first time on Spotify (LOVE SPOTIFY!) and one of the songs that stuck out to me was "Love is a Verb". When I heard those lyrics I immediately had to stop what i was doing and read the lyrics. Love ain't a thing, love is a verb, so you gotta show show show me". This is SO true! One way I believe you should live your life is to show people you care about them. When you love someone you cant just say it and expect it to be enough. Show them, stay up late talking to your crying friend, hug your Dad a thousand times, kiss your boyfriend over and over until its annoying, write your mom a note telling her how much you love her. These are little things that can show how much you care and they are important for any type of relationship.

Fashion

Sunday Brunch





This outfit screams spring! Perfect for the cool mornings and nights but bright enough to feel appropriate. The blue striped light weight blazer pairs great with pastel yellow jeans for a knock - out outfit. The Rebecca Minkoff purse adds a great contrast color to offset the yellow and blue combo. This outfit makes me want to be in the Hamptons! 


What was the best Pizza you've ever had?

What are some of the little ways you show the people you love that you love them? Any suggestions for the rest of the readers? 


Thanks for reading, sorry for being MIA all week. 
CAL 

No comments:

Post a Comment